Friday, December 10, 2021

Memory from the past about a meeting with a OW case file worker paper work.

One case worker of OW asked me to sign a document which was a declaration (of homelessness)  to make people homeless. I declined to sign it, because it was not mandatory. It was very disturbing for me that OW tries to make people homeless. (Perhaps poverty creation and poverty developing plan).

Long before immigration to Canada I owned my own 3 bed room apartment in Karachi Pakistan even before marriage. I bought (in 83/84) the apartment from a builder even before construction started, paid for it by my own income/savings. This was a modern apartment by local standards and was in use of my mother and two younger brothers and their wives when I was on contracts work in Saudi Arabia. 
We lived many years in a rented house in Nazimabad Karachi, before my father died in Karachi 1981.

What is the idea behind asking OW social assistance recipients to become homeless. 

During my residency in Saudi Arabia we lived in reasonable family accomodations at KFUPM on the campus, during my work with Honeywell in Jubail and with my contract with IBM SINA as well, we lived in family compound housing in Saudi Arabia.

This is something to think about, was it part of a poverty developing and poverty creation programme to make people homeless. We came to Canada as landed family because of this Country's prosperity not because of poverty which I personally never imagined never crossed my mind i.e. homelessness (not because of shortage of housing but because of lack of money), to be forced by the system to survive on OW social assistance for such a long extended period of time which is poverty forced (efforts to make people destitute) by the system etc.


Something to think about.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN/INTEREST

Published by the undersigned:

KHALID MAHMOOD (KM) (Male)

خالد محمود ھملٹن اونٹاریو کینیڈا

M01684340561220

Ph:(289)990-6590

2-671 Fennell Ave. East,

(Door#: 2 with curtain on the upper Floor)

Hamilton Ontario L8V 1V3 Canada

(correct postal code for my address as assigned by Canada Post is L8V1V3, it is NOT 3J3).


Monthly Tenant (in this building since 2017 May – 56 months in December 2021 – I was trapped to rent in such building, I did not ask for this address.)

A suggestion to the technical and Engineering Colleges/Universities to include some courses in their programme to prepare graduate students to learn to survive the shock and stress of govt. provided social assistance due to unemployment and unknown reasons, which I was never/not taught.




No comments:

Post a Comment