Monday, December 27, 2021

memories from my Past before I became Canadian.

https://jp-aiwa.com/
Brand of consumer Electronics , I bought two portable TV sets with built in VHS recorder/player in Saudi Arabia (1987-1993). Later on one TV was used by some family friends in Karachi Pakistan after my wedding. There were no Interac/debit cards in use in that area around that time, most transactions of purchases were done using cash, use of cash never raised any alerts.

The other TV was donated to a HTAL Kerala speaking worker (a tea boy)  in  Jubail who helped me pack and ship our personally owned belongings in 1993. My eldest Son Bilal K.Mahmood was about two and half years of age, he may not remember all this. Though, he may remember that on his second birth day party in Jubail a custom made large size Mickey mouse cake was ordered by me and he got two identical Robot toys on his 2nd birthday party.

  ( Similar to this image - it was in black color, different speakers)

We used these portable TV sets in the bedroom and a full size screen TV was provided by my employer HTAL for the living room as part of the furnished housing. This was the same house on Nasir Hazza compound where I bought a high chair out of pocket for Ahsan Mahmood on reimbursement promise by my employer but HTAL declined to pay because high chair was expensive for them. We took the chair with us to Pakistan at the end of the contract, but not the living room TV and furniture 

Long before I became a Canadian.

After we became Canadian I went back to Jubail in  Nov 1998 on a contract to work for one of the Honeywell sites of the past (mostly involved with Y2K upgrades work on the two plants), this time around my family had grown and we were five all together, three children, Imrana and the undersigned (خالد محمود)

I started my life in Saudi Arabia as a single person in 1987 -1993 (from Pakistan) and by the  time we went back there from Canada in 1998 we were five including three children.

After we started our own family so many years ago in Dhahran, I am back to the same situation that I am single again living unmarried since 2005, and I will go back to that area , that part of the world, as a single person again, the way my parents saw me before I got married.

Published by the undersigned:

KHALID MAHMOOD (KM) (Male)

www.m0168.org

خالد محمود ھملٹن اونٹاریو کینیڈا

M01684340561220

Ph:(289)990-6590

2-671 Fennell Ave. East,

(Door#: 2 on the upper Floor)

Hamilton Ontario L8V 1V3 Canada

(correct postal code for my address as assigned by Canada Post is L8V1V3, it is NOT 3J3).


Monthly Tenant (in this building since 2017 May – 57 months in January 2022 – I was trapped to rent in such building, I did not ask for this address.)

A suggestion to the technical and Engineering Colleges/Universities to include some courses in their programme to prepare graduate students to learn to survive the shock and stress of govt. provided social assistance due to unemployment and unknown reasons, which I was never/not taught.




No comments:

Post a Comment